Boots

Maria Schell mariaschellaEARTHLINK.NET
Tue Oct 16 17:23:17 PDT 2001

My experience with boots seems to be that trying to stick to one brand is a
bad idea.  Each boot is slightly different, (just like feet!) and what works
well for some people is terrible for others.  Looking for high end features
(like gore-tex) is certainly a good idea, and I wouldn't walk in anything
that didn't have substantial ankle support, but I think just taking a couple
hours in a good outdoor store is the best option.  You want comfort for
god's sake! If you have old boots, I would take them walking for five or six
hours and see how your feet hold up.  You can also take the boots to a good
outdoor store to have them "tuned-up" and they will help you get what you
need (new insoles, waterproofing, etc.)
Maria