British Confraternity Address Change

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Tue Oct 16 12:40:20 PDT 2001

   The Confraternity of St James[PARA]How to find us
Please contact:
Marion Marples,                                        Tel: (+44) (0)207 403
4500
Secretary, Confraternity of St James,          Fax: (+44) (0)207 407 1468
1 Talbot Yard,
Borough High Street,
LONDON SE1 1YP,
United Kingdom.                                        e-mail:
officeacsj.org.uk
BUT WE'RE ABOUT TO MOVE.  WITH EFFECT FROM MONDAY 26TH NOVEMBER 2001, OUR
ADDRESS WILL BE:
27 Blackfriars Road,                                Phone, fax and e-mail as
above
London SE1 8NY,
United Kingdom.
Directions to our present office (i.e. until 23rd November 2001):
Take train, bus or tube to London Bridge.  Walk south along Borough High
Street about 400 yards.  Talbot Yard is on the left, almost opposite the
Southwark War Memorial.  The Confraternity Office is on the first floor
above Copyprints.

Directions to the new office (i.e. from 26th November):
The new office will be at the back of Christ Church, Blackfriars Road. The
Church is set back from the road, about 300 yards south of Blackfriars
Bridge, on your right as you walk away from the bridge (say 100 yards south
of the intersection with Southwark Street).
Face the Church from the road, then come round to the right hand side: our
door is on the end of the wing.  By the time we open, we should have our
plate on the door and a doorbell.
Nearest tube is Southwark (Jubilee line) but Blackfriars and Waterloo are
both about 10 mins walk away. Buses 45 and 63 from King's Cross and the 100
from Liverpool Street stop on the opposite side of the road.
When we're open:
The Office and Library, staffed by volunteers, are open from 11.00 a.m. to
3.00 p.m. every  Thursday, and visits are possible at other times by
arrangement with the Secretary. These hours will not change after our move
(but it might be a good idea to avoid Thursday 22nd November, when we shall
be in the throes of moving).
And by the way:
Our office in Talbot Yard, just south of London Bridge, is on the site of
the Tabard Inn, where Chaucer's pilgrims gathered before setting out for
Canterbury.