book re the spiritual aspect

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Tue Oct 16 07:27:08 PDT 2001

I don't know if my book will meet your needs, but Following the Milky Way: A
Pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago, 2nd edition, does discuss the nature of
pilgrimage as a ritual process (I did my PhD in anthropology on the Camino!)
as well as the "alternative" esoteric/preChristian pilgrimage associations. I
also describe my own process from a grad student researcher to becoming a
pilgrim, and I describe what a number of pilgrims told me about their own
pilgrimage--why they were going, what they experienced, etc.

Buen Camino,
Elyn Aviva