Taste test

Norman Bone bone1966aYAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 15 10:21:42 PDT 2001

--- rae zamarippa <raz69razaHOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

1. Zamberlan
2. Lowa (Klondike GTX) (Mid Strata)
3. Merrell
4. Vasque

I say:
1. Don't know this one
2. Lowa. My wife had a horrible experience with these on the Camino but
we did see many people using them. (see www.bonehaus.com)
3. Merrell. My experience is that these have small tox boxes. (Maybe I
have big toes!)
4. Vasque are what I have used for years. The insoles are thin and I
would say that you should replace them before you go. They performed
great on the Camino. I got mine at REI. Low top, leather, no gore tex.
I used one pair of wool socks with these shoes and had no blisters.

5. Teva sandals. My wife hiked well over a hundred miles in her sandals
and seemed to be reasonably comfortable until we found new shoes...
6. Adidas. These trail running shoes were purchased in Pamplona and did
great the rest of the way to Santiago.
7. Mephisto. These are supposed to be the best you can buy. No personal
experience but I've heard many testimonals. VERY expensive in the U.S.

Good Luck-
Norman Bone