Pilgrim Story Day

Kathy Gower kathygoweraHOTMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 15 07:44:36 PDT 2001

>Pilgrim Story Day

Come together and share memories of the camino with fellow and future
pilgrims. Inspired by the loving kindness of Father Alonso of San Juan de
Ortega*, we will talk, laugh and cry over bowls of steamy garlic soup and
whatever simple items you bring along to share.

What: Please bring a story and something simple** to add to the table

When: November 3rd, 2001
9:30 to 3:30

Where: St. Gregory of Nyssa
500 De Haro St.
San Francisco, CA 94107

A special thanks to Donald Schell, Pastor of St. Gregory Nyssa, for allowing
us to use his beautiful church as a setting for our gathering. Also thank
you to Kathy Gower and Nicholas Setka for their help and inspiration and a
special big thanks to Zita Macy and her parents for snail mailing and
e-mailing this announcement.

Lin Galea

lingaleaahotmail.com
415-441-5951

RSVP: Important: We want to be sure to have enough bowls for everyone.
Please respond to: Zita Macy
zmacyaaol.com
1514 Channing Ave.
Palo Alto, CA 94303

650-326-1767

*San Juan de Ortega is an isolated monastery in the Montes de Orca, a good
day's walk from Belorado
Every day, Father Alonso and his sister prepare a huge pot of hot garlic
soup. Pilgrims bring to the table whatever they have left in their packs
from the day.

**Simple means whatever you have in the bottom of your pack: salami,
cheese,bread, fruit, wine, water, etc.