Bunuel Film

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Fri Nov 30 05:53:36 PST 2001

I recently found the Bunuel film "La Voie Lactee" or "The Milky Way" at the
NY Public Library.  I found the film interesting, but not terribly relevant
to the Camino as I experienced it earlier this year.  There are a few good
moments showing the city, Santiago de Compostela.

Much of the film has anti-religious diatribes and purports to show some of
the Catholic rituals and legends associated with the Camino, but usually in a
very bad light. It concerns the fortunes and misfortunes of two vagabonds as
they journey from France to Spain.  They encounter both mythical and mystical
individuals along the way.

I would be interested in hearing from others on Listserve about their
observations if they have seen the film.  For those of you who want to view
it, I had a "devil" of a time getting it.  I had to wait two months for a
hold to come through from the library.  Couldn't find it for sale or rent
anywhere else on the net.  Howard Mendes, NYC