Universal Law of Recompense was Donkeys and the Camino

Howard Murphy HmcellardykeaAOL.COM
Wed Nov 21 09:00:35 PST 2001

 From Howard In Scotland

Dear Friends,
This is a copy of a message sent to Kathryn.Finnawwu.edu I hope she will not
mind me sharing it with you.

You will be pleased to know despite all the bad times, the many good
experiences I enjoyed from the time of walking into Glasgow Airport,
Scotland too my return to Glasgow and home to Cellardyke Harbour outweighed
the bad by 99%. The people I met and the kindness received throughout my
journey felt as though the Spirit and love of the Camino were with me all the
way.

I would love the opportunity to make another pilgrimage from the beginning
in France to Santiago taking much longer. No harm in wishing but reality is a
different thing with taking ill on the way home and the long time to recover
I doubt if my doctor's would agree.

Shortly I will be making a Santiago de Compostela display on the wall at the
side of my chair then as I look up my mind, heart and soul will measure each
step along the 'Milky Way.' A dream pilgrimage in virtual reality meeting
even more friends and enjoying the Camino Fellowship once again.

I met so much love everyday of my journey from airport staff, travellers,
taxi drivers, Hostal Owners, (washing & ironing my shirt), staff and owners
in Tapas Bars, cafe staff (sewing a button back on), shopkeepers, priests,
albergue owners,
hospitaleros, pilgrims, the Sister at Santiago Cathedral, members of the two
mailing lists and the list goes on and on. I can only feel that my cup
runneth over and I am blessed.

For the display I have the front page of the La Rioja Newspaper showing the
photo of Paulo Coelho and myself, photo's of the camino and a collection of
pins from Logrono to Santiago. A pity I cannot add the camino pins from the
beginning in France to Logrono to make a complete collection. The only
problem with a virtual reality journey is the lack of acceptance of dream
money.*<I:{)}

Every Blessing
Howard

Hmcellardykeaaol.com