ryanair to biarritz

Barry Evans barryevans9aYAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 20 19:24:30 PST 2001

" ...cheap RyanAir flight from London to Biarritz from which I should
be able to get a train to St Jean without any probs. "

fwiw, get the EARLY flight out of Stanstead. When we flew august 28
this year, we got the really, really cheap price (nine pounds! I
believe, of course they ding you for a bunch of airport tax on top),
but could only get on the 2nd flight of two a day (we booked at the
last minute). That got us to Biarritz just in time to have missed the
2.30 pm (more or less, don't quote me) train from Bayonne (30 mins by
regular bus from Biarritz airport direct to Bayonne train station) to
St. Jean, meaning we got the 5.30? train. We got to the St Jean
camino office around 9 pm (too late to get bunks in the refugio, it
had been full for a while, but the gentle folks in the office took us
down the street to a pension, cost about $26 I seem to recall, for
two of us)...by the time we got to bed after a (great!) meal it was
after 11, meaning that the next day over the top to Roncesvalles (16
miles, 4200 feet elevation gain) found us a little tired at times
(still a wonderful day though, some of the best scenery between St
Jean and Finisterre = first day!).
barry evans

=====
Barry Evans    (707) 476 8317
217 Second Street, Eureka, CA 95501

Check out our camino photos: http://us.geocities.com/barryevans9/camino

"Is it possible that we're actually okay?"