The Pilgrims Bridge

Watson, John watsonjaTRINITY.VIC.EDU.AU
Tue Nov 20 13:14:54 PST 2001

It was built by a queen (la Reina) in the 12th or 13th century as a response
to the pleas of pilgrims who were being charged extortionate fees by
bargemen for safe transport over a dangerous stream.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Russ Irwin [mailto:rirwinaUSAOR.NET]
Sent: Tuesday, 20 November 2001 6:54 PM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: The Pilgrims Bridge

Can anyone here supply me with a little information about the Pilgrims
Bridge in Puente la Reina?
I'm mainly interested in when it was built, was it really a Roman bridge,
and whatever. The picture
that I took of it during my pilgrimage back in May turned out to be one of
the better pictures that
I've ever taken, but I'm having trouble now finding out informatiion about
it as most of the
internet sites I can find about it are in Spanish, and the ones in English
don't say very much.

Thanks,
Russ