competition for beds

Watson, John watsonjaTRINITY.VIC.EDU.AU
Sun Nov 18 15:00:53 PST 2001

Thanks for the thoughts, Barry
I too, fell into the trap of looking at my fellow peregrinos as competition,
(and was resentful of the cyclists. How dare they take my spot!!:)When you
don't speak the language it's a bit hard to ring ahead. A problem. Still, in
m ost places it is possible to find other accommodation.
I walked April/May and there were only a few spots early in the piece where
people were turned away. When the crowds had dropped off after Holy Week,
the numbers were just fine. It was a good time to be walking.
John Watson
www.pilgriminspain.net