competition for beds

Barry Evans barryevans9aYAHOO.COM
Sun Nov 18 14:51:24 PST 2001

I don't think i said we didn't stay at refugios...actually we did
other than about 5 nights when we just wanted some alone time
together.
it was all a fine reminder that i'm not quite as grouchy about dorm
living as i thought i was at my age (59), having spent many, many
nites in youth hostels around the world.
barry

--- Ana Young <ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM> wrote:
> Hi Barry,
>
> It sounds as if you did a really positive thing in
> finally deciding to let go and go with the flow within
> yourself, so to speak, by simply staying in hostales.
> One question, though: Were you able to stop in any of
> the albergues and chat with the pilgrims to at least
> get that experience? I understand that at some of
> them, you can stay and chat for a while (and even eat
> with them if you contribute) before going to bed. I
> did for a little bit at Sarria and enjoyed it, then
> went "home" across the street to a private room when
> the night was over.
>
> That way I felt I didn't miss out on anything...
>
> Saludos,
> Ana

> http://personals.yahoo.com

=====
Barry Evans    (707) 476 8317
217 Second Street, Eureka, CA 95501

Check out our camino photos: http://us.geocities.com/barryevans9/camino

"Is it possible that we're actually okay?"