Shoes /refugios/just returned

Eleanor Shaw EleanorShawaAOL.COM
Thu May 31 16:21:27 PDT 2001

I started in St Jean.  I used a pair of Lowa light weight hiking boots and
loved them.  I just returned home so I walked in April and the beginning of
May when it was still very cool - so less cause for blisters.  I had lots of
rain and for that reason was so happy to be in a waterproof boot and not a
running shoe.  what are your concerns?  why not wear a boot?  I dont think
the little bit of extra weight on your feet makes a difference vs the
support.  You might take a pair of good sandals that you can walk in if you
want to be able to give your feet a rest on an easy day.  There are certainly
days that have easy terrain for sandals.  whatever you decide just be sure it
is broken in well and good for all weather.