Email Hotmail

mmlacugna mmlacugnaaEMAIL.MSN.COM
Thu May 31 14:43:21 PDT 2001

Hi email users:    I successfully linked my personal email pop3 (mmlacugnaamsn.com)  to a hotmail.com email address.   I accessed from Leon, Santiago and Madrid. I had no difficulty other than a slower speed than from home.  Using hotmail allows you to see your pop3 email and still leave it on the outlook or outlook express servers.

If you need help, let me know

Margot
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jack Christensen
  To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
  Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 4:21 PM
  Subject: Re: Email while walking.

  Marg,
  I used internet cafes.  The bigger towns tend to have them, but I found I had to ask around.  For the trip I set up a free email account with yahoo, and others provide this service  This made it easy to quickly log in and get mail.  People who were using Outlook and the local internet provider seemed to be having more trouble.
  Jack

    I have a friend from Australia walking at the moment.  She was  at Castoljeriz last Sunday.  She has a pocketmail which she needs telephone connection to receive and send emails.  We had plenty of contact up until Burgos, but nothing since.
    I had a feeling someone somewhere mentioned an Internet Cafe.  Anyone used pocketmail or sent emails while travelling?  Would be interested to hear.

    Marg
    Australia.