Money matters

Robert E. Spenger rspengeraHOME.COM
Sat May 26 08:49:33 PDT 2001

About half of my transactions had a one dollar charge, the others had none.
It seemed to go with the territory, so to speak. This year in Lisboa, there
were no charges. After that, from Sintra north to Coimbra, I was charged a
dollar each time. I don't have credit union statement for May yet, ofcours,
so I don't know about the charges incurred on the way from Coimbra to
Santiago and on my return to Lisboa. Last year, in France, out of 16
transactions, only two were charged, one in Salvetat and one in Oloron. In
Spain, I was only charged for the withdrawals that I made in Navarre, from
Jaca to Puente La Reina. From Najera on to Fisterra, there were no more
charges. I have the impression that it depends on the local area
government, the equivalent of our states. In any case, I don't consideer
one dollar to be a hefty charge, unless you are making very small
withdrawals. For me it was usually about 1 %.