Learning Spanish

Ted Kayes tckayesaEARTHLINK.NET
Thu May 24 22:31:44 PDT 2001

A number of messages have asked about learning Spanish and my experience to
date may be of some interest.
I am two years from my anticipated pilgrimage and in preparation have begun
learning Spanish using Pimsleur tapes.
I have been working my way through them over the last six months and
actually feel that in two more years I shall have a pretty good
understanding of the language.
The Pimsleur tapes are focused on correct pronunciation and the first 14
tapes have very little of the written language.
It is not a quick study, but I only do it 2 to 4 days per week; clearly it
can be done more quickly.  They recommend only about 30 minutes per day and
I normally stick to that.

Ted