Shoes

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Thu May 24 11:49:00 PDT 2001

After 5 days on the Camino in Estella, I will tell you all that it is imperative to have medium to heavy weight over the ankle hiking boots.  The terrain is very rocky and difficult to negotiate.  Forget about running shoes my friend unless you want to wear them or sandals at night.  By the way I am sorry that I didn¨t bring a second pair of hiking boots to alternate with the pair I have.  Everyone complains about sore feet. It is rougher than I imagined, but one of the best experiences of my lifetime.  The people you meet are extraordinary and the Camino is unbelievable.  There are free internet hookups in the library here in Estella, a beautiful small city.  Ultreya.  Howard Mendes, NYC