clarification

Preston Pittman preston_pittmanaHOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 18 12:23:26 PDT 2001

thanks for your comments, Gene.  "Montosa" was a typo, but I didn't know
what happened to them later.  so thanks for the info about The Order of St.
George of Alfama.  Do they continue under that name? YOu mention the Montesa
Order continuing today.  I wasn't aware of that.  I know the Benedictine
Order and the Templar Order were closely "related" - in fact, weren't the
founders of both closely related - like uncle and nephew, or something like
that?  I gave the example of their vows being like those of the Franciscans
because I thought most people would understand that better - poverty,
chastity and obedience, etc. for which the Franciscans are famous.

The lapse in time between the founding of the Masons and the formal
"extinction" of the Templars - I know there was an explanation in "The
Temple and the Lodge" - I just don't remember it off hand.  I'll have to
look it up later.

thanks &
Peace,
Preston