first time pilgrim this July

Delphia Dirks delphiadaEARTHLINK.NET
Tue May 15 18:34:50 PDT 2001

Hi Michael.

I havn't been there yet... planning to go in August.   But, if you havn't
already done so, I suggest you contact the  Tourist Office of Spain, 655 5th
Ave. ny ny 10103   888 657 7246,   www.okspain.org.  for info.

They sent me "A Practical Guide for Pilgrams" by Millan Bravo Lozano, (280
pages) plus a smaller 45page guide to the monuments, etc.   The Lozano book
contains maps of each days walk (presuming a 30 day walk), plus other
informtion on history, lodging, places of interest, churches, monestaries,
restaurants, and info-bits about cities etc.

Also got a map (like road map) of Spain and a few other things.    They were
very prompt and generous.

Can't tell you much else as it is all ahead of me, but from what I've read
from others on this list, the message is to 'go light'.

best wishes
delphia dirks
washington dc