first time pilgrim this July

Michael Griesinger thegull3aYAHOO.COM
Tue May 15 17:37:11 PDT 2001

Dear All,

Hello, my name is Michael Griesinger; I'm a senior English major at
Connecticut College in New London, CT. My girlfriend, Adrienne, and I are
planning to walk from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago this July. We would
appreciate ANY information on preparing for the pilgrimage: what kind of
clothes should we  bring (like warm clothes?); should we bring a tent and
sleeping bags (will the hostels be full?); should we bring a stove and other
cooking tools - and do we buy food in the towns we pass through; how much
money, at minimum, should we bring; what is the best way to get from Paris
to St. Jean (the TGV to Bayonne, and then a train to St. Jean?); we're young
and in good physical shape - should we figure it will take about a month to
walk the trail?

Thanks so much for helping!
Sincerely,
Michael Griesinger