JACOBEAN WEEK

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sat May 12 17:05:39 PDT 2001

HI  Delphia,
Iconography, if you pardon the pun, is Greek to me. I only know Icons from
Russia, which were magnetic in their intensity, but I cannot say that I
understood them in a way other than being sort of mesmerized.  Last September
there was an Icon exhibition in Burgos, in that beautiful arch-gate (I forget
the name), with music and all, and although I couldn't tear my self away, I
was far more in understanding with the painting of El Cid, naked and wounded,
in the arms of his  Dona Ximena. (If  I ever learn how to do it, I shall post
the photo I took of that painting).
You know much more about what Iconography means that I ever shall.  But I
will try to get the text of that conference.
Fond greetings
Rosina
.
)