JACOBEAN WEEK

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sat May 12 14:25:36 PDT 2001

Hello you all,
Pamplona just closed its Jacobean week celebration. There were conferences
with distinguished scholars and professors about French Iconography of
Santiago, the Silver Route,  Eight-sided churches in the Camino, and Camino
Gastronomy.
It might be possible to obtain the text of one or another of the conferences
if one of you is interested.  Let me know and I'll try.
The Estella Friends of Santiago are about to commemorate their Jacobean week
with conferences and lectures about the wood images of Mary incased in
silver,  about Roldan, about maestro Mateo (of Portico de Gloria fame) in
Santiago, and others.  A University of Navarra professor will discourse about
 "San Pedro de la Rua's box, from Estella to New York" . Does anyone of you
know what this box is?, or how New York is involved?
Would love to hear from you in this respect.
Fond regards,
Rosina