list tone

Angus mac Lir macliraPOBOX.COM
Fri May 11 12:39:20 PDT 2001

Hello, Linda,

If I have contributed to the “declining tone” of the list, I am sorry. I
know that I snapped a couple of weeks ago when Liz and Rosina responded so
nastily to the unfortunate tattoo-seeker. At the end of a long day, at the
end of a long week, their comments were to me the last straw in a string of
holier-than-thou slams to a number of people. I attempted to explain my
reaction, and my explanations were thrown in my face by Rosina. I just don’t
have a lot of patience with persons that condemn the harmless actions of
others, and of those who condemn works that they know nothing about other
than the backgrounds of the authors. I think that such behavior should not
pass unremarked.

I’m sorry that this has been a problem. In the future, I’ll grit my teeth
and speak directly to the persons whom I think are acting exceedingly
strangely.

With best wishes,

Angus