To: Bill Lopez and everyone

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Fri May 11 06:27:37 PDT 2001

It looks like we will start the walk together from St. Jean.  We plan on
spending the night there and I wrote to Mme. Debril who runs the refugio
there to let her know that we are arriving on the last train from Biarritz on
the 19th at 8:30 pm.  The refuge is at 55 Rue de la Citadelle.  There are two
other inexpensive places to stay: Les Donats, 40 rue de la Citadelle and Mme.
Etchegoin, 9 Route d'Uhart as well as various small hotels that I spotted on
the net that are more expensive.  John and I plan to stay at as many refugios
as possible to get into the spirit of things and to save money.
Howard Mendes, NYC