camino-istics

Delphia Dirks delphiadaEARTHLINK.NET
Fri May 11 05:42:02 PDT 2001

I am hoping to leave for the Camino probably early August.   From what I
have been reading on this list-serve, it seems that I will be very lucky to
get a place in a refugio unless I arrive by noon or sooner.   (I'm sure it
will be later).    I am concerned about missing a significant part of the
experience if I am not 'sharing' the 'togetherness' with other pilgrims in
this way.  I realize that August is probably the busiest month, and it might
be wise to go a bit later....  but I also read that the rains start in mid
Sept. and prefer to avoid that.

If the refugios are all full early on, do the hostels become a sort of
secondary refugio, or is one somewhat 'alone' if staying at a hostel?

 Am I getting it all straight?   Any advice (with specifics)  most
appreciated.

--delphia dirks