Jerusalem and the Templars

Angus mac Lir macliraPOBOX.COM
Wed May 9 19:04:03 PDT 2001

For an excellent history of the origins of Freemasonry and the fate of the
Knights Templar, see, "the Hiram Key" and "Second Messiah"  by two English
Freemasons, Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas. These books, particularly
the first, gives a very revealing discussion of the origin of the Roman
Catholic church and ecclesiastical power-politics. They are both quite
well-researched and are solidly reasoned. Even so, they may offend the
sensibilities of persons with more doctrinaire thinking. (Sometimes the
truth is ugly.)

Ah, well-as we are told, "the crimes are not of Spain, but of the times."
The same may be said of churches, as well.

The survivors of the slaughter of Freemasonry in France escaped to Scotland,
and just BTW, intervened in the battle of Bannockburn. The Freemason
connection between Scotland and France was one of the fundamental ties
between the kingdoms.

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu]On Behalf Of
Rosina Lila
Sent: Wednesday, 09 May 2001 17 33
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Subject: Re: Jerusalem and the Templars

Hi Preston,
How very nice to read a message from you again.
My own father was a Mason, although I doubt that he knew of the historical
and/or religious provenance of  the order. . Your reference to the Masons
evolving from the Templars does make some kind of sense.  But, how and when
the Scotland connection?  If you find the sources, and any possible extant
remnants of Santiago-pilgrims-protector-knights  in today's Jerusalem,
(where
I'll be on May 26), I'll be as grateful to you as always..... and maybe even
more.
Warm regards,
Rosina