CODEX CALISTINO

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Wed May 9 13:39:53 PDT 2001

Hello again,
The Friends of Santiago Association in Porto, Portugal, just inaugurated a
"Caminho Portugues" website.  It is very nice, with music, drawings and
everything.  Although it is in Portuguese it includes access to an English
translation of the Codex.
To get to it, first go to     http://welcome.to/caminho-portugues,   when the
page comes up click on the drawing of the shell, on the next page click on
the large shell, the next page has a menu bar, click on Codex.  You'll get a
message that the page moved and to click "here". After doing so, click on
translation on the page that comes up, or on the British flag, and from there
on the instructions are in English.
If you see something on the site which particularly catches your attention
and is written in Portuguese let me know and I'll translate it.
I got a postcard from an on-and-off subscriber to the list-serv, Katia, who
is a "carioca" (a native and resident of Rio de Janeiro); when she wrote it
from Roncesvalles she was bursting with emotion and excitement, more so
because in Roncesvalles she saw snow for the very first time in her life.
A few minutes ago I got a phone call from a pilgrim from New York City who
has reached Puente de la Reina.  He said that his heart is about to explode
out of his chest with love and feelings; he also said that the Camino is
already crowding and that at Puente de la Reina there are well over one
hundred pilgrims, and he's been advised that in Galicia beds in the albergues
are already becoming scarce.
Although he is a sober New York lawyer/accountant, not at all given to florid
speech, he told me that his mind and soul  stealthily turned into a garden
full of birds and flowers as he started walking from Roncesvalles.
Those of us who have been there know the feeling, don't we?
Saludos muy cordiales
Rosina