NEED A FAVOR

Delphia Dirks delphiadaEARTHLINK.NET
Wed May 9 07:45:12 PDT 2001

Hi Rosina,

You will probably get all sorts of advice on this.   It would be hard for me
to explain it, because it depends somewhat on your equipment and scanner (if
you have one).  And also, I just mostly fiddle around and if I can't make
things work, call up the scanner company or the iMac folks....This is how I
do it:

I have an iMac (Macintosh).... which is sometimes a wee limitation, even
though every time I send a photo or something, it 'converts' before sending.

 You need a scanner.... this comes with software required to make documents
of each picture... and then you can send them as attachments.  You would
have to read the instructions that come with the scanner.  It's not hard,
but maybe a bit tedious.    I just put the photos on the scanner, close the
lid and press 'scan'... then I look in the scanner folder on my computer and
there they are.    (scanners can be had for less than $100)

You probably aren't using a digtal camera?  othrwise you would just about
have to use the computer to see /copy them.

BUT---- you might just be able to take your photos to KINKO's or someplace
like that and have someone there scan them.... then they can attach - email
the scanned pictures to your computer at home..... from whence you could
send them to others.   It shouldn't be harder or costlier than getting an
'instructor; --or buying a scanner.   I usually put mine in   .jpeg  form
which seems to be quite common.

p.s.  I sent you a picture earlier... it must not have come through.   It
was bigger than I thought, and that might have been why (I  bcc:d myself on
it is how I know the size.).

Maybe one of the New Yorkers will come over and give you a lesson!! hope so.

By the way, I suppose the info from the Santiago Archdioses comes in
Spanish?   If they also have english versions, could you give me the
address, I would like to be in contact also.

thanks and best wishes.