Passports

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Fri Mar 30 09:45:59 PST 2001

Let's see if I can make the muddle any clearer. I faxed, in Spanish, to the
Oficina de Peregrinaciones, SAMI Catedral, Santiago de Compostela, saying
that my son and I were planning to go to Spain to walk the Camino and I
wanted to know how to get the pilgrim's credential. (I had heard that the
cathedral had one on one of the listserver messages, so I thought I'd ask. I
was not asking about the Compostela.) They replied in a letter in Spanish,
part of which I included without translation in my email message. They also
included a page in English, part of which I also included (without
translation!) in my email message. What more can I tell you? Their messages,
in English OR in Spanish, leave something to be desired about the "letter"
(carata de prsentacion) they suggest you bring from your local parish,
bishop, or similar... But one thing was quite clear, in English, in boldface:
"It is necessary to get at least two stamps per day."

If anyone finds out more, let me know.
Blessings,
Elyn