Poisonous snakes

Michel Besson ometzinaYAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 29 10:48:35 PST 2001

The only poisonous ones I've found were only two and
they were of the two legged variety, and were actually
among the pilgrims, not among the local people. Which
goes to show:
- Spain is one of the great countries (but then again,
if one looks into their people, aren't they all?)
- you can begin to understand how the locals may feel
seeing pilgrim after pilgrim pass by, especially if
some of them are of the poisonous variety! So, don't
expect to be treated special (you will be though, more
often than not). The Camino is special for you as it
should be, but you are not special to the Camino.
- considering the number of pilgrims on the Camino,
and the number I came across, meeting two less than
agreeable persons in all of them and only two is a
much better average than in the regular population.

So take heart: the Camino is probably going to be THE
experience of a lifetime. You'll meet great people,
make tons of new friends, your soul will see so much
more clearly during and after the walk, you'll
hopefully shed a few pounds, and you'll get to put
your feet in the traces of millions others since the
10th century.

So if a few mosquitos bite, let them enjoy themselves too!

=====
Michel Besson
ometzinasysnet.net
http://unix6.sysnet.net/~ometzin