FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE Does anyone know of any restrections that may be made on the

Richard Sampson MD.SAMRaNWH.ORG
Fri Mar 23 11:26:22 PST 2001

Camino this year because of the foot and mouth disease epidemic. It would seem that the
farmers and agricultural authorities might be worried about many pilgrims coming from
the UK, France, Ireland etc through the productive farmland of Northern Spain.  If we can
we plan to arrive at roncevalles on May 13 and walk as far as we can in 33 days.  Since we
come from Boston we pose no threat of this disease, but wonder if the road might be closed!
I haved of athletic events in Catalonia cancelled for this reason yesterday.
Richard Sampson