Madrid to Pamplona

Herbert A. Medina hmedinaaLMU.EDU
Wed Mar 21 11:51:07 PST 2001

I asked a question about travel from Madrid to Pamplona earlier this
month and several of you provided train and plane information (thank
you), but there was a lack of bus information. I did some more asking
and calling and have some bus information. Below I am including all
the information that I have been able to find about getting from
Madrid to Pamplona.

---Herbert
By bus
Continental Auto has buses leaving from a place near the Avenida de
America Metro Station at 08:00, 10:30, 14:00, 15:00, 16:30, 19:30, and
21:30 on weekdays.  The trip is about 5 hours.  Weekend schedule may
vary.  Continental Auto's phone number is 91 745 63 00.  The one-way
fare is 3430 pesetas, approximately $20.

By train
RENFE has trains leaving from the Chamartin station at 08:00 and 17:00
until at least May 21.  The ride is a little under 5 hours.  The
one-way fare is 4400 pesetas, approximately $25.  RENFE schedules
(although June schedules do not seem to be available yet) and fares
can be found online at http://www.renfe.es.

By air
Iberia has several flights a day.  Consult your travel agent or online
travel sights for schedules on specific days.  The three letter
airport codes are MAD for Madrid and PNA for Pamplona.  The one-way
fare is approximately $127.