St.James the Greater

Robin robtrewaLINEONE.NET
Tue Mar 6 12:50:13 PST 2001

Preston. Some think that "our" James was a cousin of Jesus (and diffferent to the brother James) based on a comparison of the lists of the women present at the crucifixion. Mat 27:56 has the mother of the sons of Zebedee present. She is often identified with the Salome in Mark 13:40. If the mother of the sons of Zebedee in Matthew 27:56  is "His mother's sister" of John 19:25 then James's mother was the sister of Mary, the mother of Jesus.  (This assumes that she is a differnt person from "Mary the mother of Clopas" - but we're having enough trouble with all these James's without starting on the Marys as well!)