Sto. Nino de Atocha

Preston Pittman preston_pittmanaHOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 1 07:08:58 PST 2001

Jeffry - while I was writing my longer posting, you beat me to it with the
Catholic Encyclopedia!  Maryjane, I was captivated a few years ago by the
appearance of the Sto. Nino de Atocha on the "seven-day" devotional candles
that are sold in the Hispanic delis around New York.  I noticed His
"Santiago-pilgrim gear" right away and wondered what He had to do with "our"
Santiago.  There's a nice image of Him (the one that appears on the
devotional candles) and a story and a prayer at:

http://www.angelfire.com/ma2/ninoatocha/index.html

I've had a print out of this site in one of my "Camino" notebooks for about
a year now.  He is very popular in Mexico.

pax,
Preston