another question - re: rain gear

Carolyn Wiggins MimicaraAOL.COM
Mon Jun 18 09:31:04 PDT 2001

For what its worth, we walked from St. Jean to Leon last year and from Leon
to Santiago this year and never needed rain gear.  The day we arrived in Leon
this year, (5/15) as I recall, it was raining cats and dogs and we both wore
our Gortex bomber jackets from the train to the place where we slept, but,
other than than, it never rained on us for the entire camino.

That having been said, I know from this list that when it rains, it really
rains on the camino and one probably should have some protection.  However,
for us, these Gortex jackets were all we ever needed and we mostly used them
for the evenings in the cities when it got chilly, never for rain on the
camino.  Also, I should add that it was so hot on our walk this year
(5/15-6/2) that we would have relished having some rain to cool us off.  Hope
this helps.  Carolyn Wiggins