on dogs

Diane Grust DEG33aAOL.COM
Sat Jul 14 09:52:49 PDT 2001

When I walked the camino this spring there were two people with dogs.  One a
couple from NYC who brought their own tent and often slept outside with their
dog.  They were not under any time constraints and often did not walk very
far.  The second was a man with his puppy who I can remember was being
practically dragged behind him -- again this man was carrying a big plastic
bucket with dog food.  The puppy did not seem to have the attention span or
the desire to walk on the camino.  I passed both these people and never saw
then again.  If you want to bring a dog I would guess that you should easily
allow twice as much time (two months) and you also need to carry some food
and water with you for your dog.  Additionally a tent would not be a bad idea
because your dog would not be allowed in the refugios.

Diane