New to List

James Sperbeck rsperbe1aSAN.RR.COM
Thu Jul 12 15:54:40 PDT 2001

Hello Everyone,
I plan walking el Camino alone, with a backpack and sleeping bag, this fall from 24 Oct to 4 Nov. I am 73, in good health and a Spanish speaker (Chilean accent). I have been to Spain three times but never to the north west. There never has been a difficulty except with the Catalan language. In the south, my accent seems to help.
I thought to start in Leon, walking as far as time, body and weather permit. I would like to hear from those who know about weather and temperature extremes in the mountains and approaches to Santiago de Compostela at that time of year. I understand Galicia is always rainy. The primary concern is having proper clothing.
James Sperbeck
San Diego, California