About myself / dog question

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Thu Jul 12 04:23:01 PDT 2001

Very difficult to travel with a dog because most refugios don't allow them.
One French woman had one and it had to stay outside her window and I felt
sorry for the dog.  Maybe pensions and hotels will allow dogs but I think it
best that you leave the dog home for the animal's sake.  I think that you can
buy dog food easily.  Carrying dog food with you seems foolish considering
the weight in your backpack.  I assure you every once in your pack will be a
burden for you.  Many people ship extra stuff to themselves c/o the post
office in Santiago and then pick it up before they go home. I would think
twice before subjecting the dog to the Camino.  Howard