getting to st. Jean

Gabrielle Milanich EshlingaAOL.COM
Tue Jul 3 10:38:38 PDT 2001

Wow!  You weren't kidding!  That really is a short time.  You probably
already know this, so please don't think I'm being condescending, but there
are portions where 20 km just doesn't feel the same.  In other words, when
you're ascending or descending the entire time, 20 kms can be brutal and/or a
breeze.  Just take exceedingly good care of yourself and your feet.  Eat
really well, drink plenty, and sleep!  One thing that helped me to sleep, and
avoid the tremendous cacaphony of snoring, was to buy ear plugs.  They were a
dream and allowed me to really rest.

I know you said it's really important to walk the entire way, and I felt the
same way.  But one can never tell what will happen on the Camino.

My thoughts and hopes are with you!

Gabrielle