preparation

Howard Murphy HmcellardykeaAOL.COM
Tue Jul 3 08:35:27 PDT 2001

In a message dated 03/07/01 14:33:37 GMT Daylight Time, EshlingaAOL.COM
writes:

<< Hi Heather.  I just returned from the Camino a few days ago and would love
 share my experience with you!  In terms of training, I did NOTHING!  And I
 will tell you this, I do not recommend it!!!!  That first week was a killer
 for me.  I began in St. Jean and that walk to Roncesvalles was very sobering
 indeed.  A few teas fell that day. >>

Dear Gabrielle,
Enjoyed your encouraging message and the few details you wrote of your
pilgrimage.
It is a joy to read the accounts of pilgrims like you who have overcome all
the pain and troubles to finish the journey. In fact it is a help to also
read messages from those who do not make it the first time.

As for myself it looks as though my dreams of making the pilgrimage are
working out. With lacking mobility I have been looking for a means of doing
the pilgrimage as close to following in the footsteps of the pilgrims of old.
It now appears I am going to be able to do it using a donkey and cart so if
any pilgrim on the route at the same time sees a crane lifting this body onto
a cart please say a prayer for the donkey and one for me.

Every blessing
From
Howard

Hmcellardykeaaol.com    Scotland