Re: Sv: web site - Millán Bravo Lozanos guidebook

Michael Galvin, PhD mgalvinaBRAIN.UCCS.EDU
Tue Jan 16 08:31:48 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Irwin" <rirwinaUSAOR.NET>
To: <GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu>
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 10:13 PM
Subject: Sv: web site - Millán Bravo Lozanos guidebook

> >Yes, you are right. It is "A Practical Guide for Pilgrims - The Road
> >to Santiago" by Millán Bravo Lozano lying on Mme Dubrils desk.
> >I think it can be found in the states. The Spanish Tourist offices
> >give it away for free if you write them and ask for information
> >about the pilgrim's way. I got one writing to the Spanish Tourist
> >office here in Denmark.

Wow, I'm impressed.  That's and Expensive book.  And it is the dimensions
and weight  Russ mentions below.  It's the best for cyclists to carry.

Gitlitz and Davidson have just published the BEST guide to history,
architecture, art, hidden treasures.  Don't go without at least reading, and
probably taking it.

> Ok, I'm confused here. Is this the book that some people today have said
is very heavy? I have it
> sitting right here. It measures 6.5" W by 11.25" H by .5" D and weighs 1.5
lb on a postal scale. For
> myself I'm considering whether or not it's too heavy because I plan on
keeping the weight of my
> backpack down to 10 lb or less. But for those who go with 20-30 lb
backpacks (and heavier) I don't
> see how another 1.5 lb is that much.
>
> If we are talking about the same guide book, then I received mine by
calling the Spanish Tourist
> Office in New York at 1-212-265-8822. They also send out with it some
useful information including a
> full map of Spain.
>
> Russ

Michael Galvin, PhD