Check in and out times

Robert E. Spenger rspengeraHOME.COM
Wed Feb 28 21:31:15 PST 2001

Madelyn,

The hostales to which Ana referred are not youth hostels, but guest houses
or small hotels that are general cheaper than regular hotels. I believe
that what we call youth hostels are called albergues de juventude in Spain.
In a tourist office in Spain, when I asked about the difference between
hostales and hoteles, I was told that hoteles had their own separate
buildings and that hostales shared with other businesses. I never had this
confirmed, but it seemed to fit (most of) the places where I stayed.

Bob Spenger