Check in and out times

Kathy Gower kathygaCIIS.EDU
Wed Feb 28 20:35:20 PST 2001

".it is a pilgrimage and I am not going to worry about it as I
>know everything will work out as it should...but it is good to know I
>should think about getting to my resting destination in the early
>afternoon instead of stumbling in after dark..."

Ah Madelyn, you don't need any hostel card, but you do need your pilgrim certificate, available in St. Jean and In Roncesvalles, where we got ours.  The refugios are like youth hostels: sometimes even bunkbeds three tiers tall!  But, there's friendly kitchens and showers and information on the road ahead, etc.

You can also stay in hotels and pensiones, as well.  Getting up in the early morning won't be hard as every single person rattles their plastic bags, etc., but we're all in it together, right?!  Make sure you have a flashlight, though, as those little yellow arrows aren't so easy to folow when there's no sunlight....

Buen Camino!