Gocamino

Nick Hayes clubnickaEROLS.COM
Sat Feb 24 13:44:45 PST 2001

Angus   you will have lots of comment on the general questions.
Re running I was 1/2 of the way to Santiago,when I was over taken
by a marathoner. He was averaging 50 + kilometers a day on hard-stand,
muddy uneven paths, tracks,etc. This was in July. He was, however,
in peak form and carried nothing. Had a backup van. So running is possible.
He did comment that it was pretty hard going. Napped 2 hours at noon and so on.

One would have to believe that condition and pain tolerance are key
ingredients.

Be interesting to see how the peace and contemplative nature of the Camino
would work with the compulsion of inveterate runners...and I speak
as an ex one of those.