Timing for Pilgrimage

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Thu Feb 22 17:21:13 PST 2001

  We have no windchill here and actually I've seen some (oops) lots of tulips, narcissus etc in holland yesterday at an exhibiton ( indoors). Any way it looked very much like spring and it scented lovely ! No camino on your continent, blizzards...I feel sorry for you. Yes I did the route from Vezelay to St j P de P and it's the most beautiful  one - going to le Puy and the crossoing France by the Massif Cantral- to the Pyreneees. In a walking manner it's more difficult, but it's very nice. Try to stay for one of two days in Vezelay to get scaled down to pilgrim life, have a glass of whatever on the trrace of  cafe La Compostelle and see the church "la Cordelle"at the bottom of the hill, which is supposed to be founded by 2 brethern of St. Francis. Do feel free, to trouble me with your questions on the French trail
  pieter fromn holland