Sleeping pads

Jim Anderson revjimaTACONIC.NET
Tue Feb 13 18:37:06 PST 2001

I did it with a polar fleece bag and no pad. I never needed a pad and was
always warm enough.
Think "Light pack."

Rev. Jim Anderson
2692 County Route 7
Copake, NY 12516
(518) 329-3213

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu]On Behalf Of
Russ Irwin
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 12:57 AM
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Subject: Sleeping pads

This question is to those who have already made the pilgrimage. Have you
needed a "sleeping pad" at
all during the trek? I'll be going from May - June, but I've heard that
sometimes the only sleeping
space in a refugio is on the floor.

I ask this especially since I will be taking an extremely light sleeping
bag. It's a Western
Mountainering "Mity-Lite" and weighs in at only 1lb 11oz. It's not a mummy
bag, but semi retangluar.
I tried one out in a store near here and it gives me all the tossing and
turning room I think I'll
need. Also, just in case anyone else is interested in "light" sleeping bags,
there is a website
where you can compare them at:

http://www.backpacking.net/gearbag-matrix.html

Russ Irwin