Sleeping pads

christopher hewitt chew6087aHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 13 17:44:36 PST 2001

In general sleeping mats are good if you have to sleep on the floor or
outside. More than padding, they give protection against the cold ground
that might make you sick, cold, or just ache more in the morning. If you
aren't planning on sleeping outside or sleeping on the floor, perhaps you
don't need one, or as was mentioned, perhaps someone will lend you theirs.
Of course, mats also make a nice seat on wet grass and a resting spot for
naps in the middle of a field or beneath a tree.

If you are iffy about whether to bring one or not, you can always buy one
once there. Or someobody might even leave one behind. Although they don't
really weigh anything; they just take up space.

CSH