new members

Richard Sampson MD.SAMRaNWH.ORG
Thu Feb 8 12:46:15 PST 2001

     I would finally like to introduce ourselves.  I am Richard Sampson, am 64 and live and
  work in the Boston area.  My wife, Valda Zalkalns, is younger, and is an artist also
working in Boston.  We are planning to walk the Camino beginning this May 19 until June 17
(our air tickets to pamplona and from Santiago.)  We areoncerned about the usual practical
things and I have been getting answers bo observing the  list for about a month or so.
Valda has also talked to several pilgrims on the "Friends" list.We plan to go to Linda
Davidson's talk in Cambridge March 7.  Outfitting is a bit of a problem since rain and heat
must be considered and my back may not want to carry more than minimal burden.  One
question:  We first got "turned on" to the Camino by seeing a video on PBS probably from
the BBC a few years ago.   Does anyone know how to obtain thes video?  We will continue to
watch the list and will ask questions of our own when they occur to us, and certainly will
not really find out what we need to know until we  are actually on the road.  Richard