Iberia discounts

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Thu Feb 8 08:34:19 PST 2001

Hi Fernando,
Liz's bike originally came packed in a wheeled yellow suitcase and that is
how she took it to Pamplona. (We flew directly from NYC to Pamplona and the
bike, which was the only checked in luggage, went straight through.  As we
arrived at Pamplona there were about five or six German pilgrims at the
airport waiting for their bikes to arrive from Santiago, and all the bikes
were in suitcases similar to Liz's.  However, in St. Jean's there were a few
bicycle pilgrims and they had sent their bikes to St. Jean's either in
suitcases or in large cardboard boxes. From Pamplona Liz sent the suitcase to
Santiago to await her arrival there, which is what most bicycle pilgrims do.
After the pilgrimage she packed the bike in the suitcase and checked it
straight through to New York.
Since I walked I do not know precisely what routes Liz followed; I do know,
however, that she felt that the available maps, etc., for bikers were
misleading and of little help.  I also know that she was quite aware that
there is some danger for bicyclists (reportedly 6 were killed in 1999).
Many bicycle pilgrims were riding on the routes that I walked, but it was my
impression that they would have preferred to have been on paved paths.
There is a short write-up of Liz's pilgrimage in the latest edition of the
"Friends of Santiago"  latest newsletter. If you wish to join The Friends, or
get the newsletter,  you can send a message to Linda Davidson through this
list.
I am sure that Liz would gladly give you whatever detailed information you
may want to have about her biking experience.  You can contact her directly.
Her e-mail address is               Tagelleaaol.com

Best regards,

Rosina