Invitation to Participate in Research

Kathy Gower kathygaCIIS.EDU
Wed Feb 7 15:35:04 PST 2001

I am currently involved in a research project seeking to illuminate the transfomative experience of being on pilgrimage and how that is incorporated into daily life post-pilgrimage. The project seeks to describe in thick, rich, detailed narrative what it means to go on a pilgrimage and to follow one’s own journey on traditionally accepted pilgrimage paths and back home again.  If you feel you have had a transformative experience or experiences while on pilgrimage and have had some sense of how that is being incorporated into your daily life post-pilgrimage, then I would like to hear from you. This study is performed as a partial fulfillment of the requirements for my Ph.D. in Integral Studies with a concentration in Transformative Learning and Change at the California Institute of Integral Studies.

I am inviting you to participate as your participation in this project will provide important and useful information on this topic – as I believe your experiences will shed light on the phenomenon I seek to explore. Participation would include an initial tape recorded interview one to two hours. It will be done in person, or over the phone, if necessary, about the topic of your experience of pilgrimage. I will then send you a transcript of the completed interview and ask that you read it to make sure we captured your complete, unique experience.  We will set up a second interview at this time.

I will call or e-mail to set up a time and place for our initial interview. Thank you for your consideration. Your contribution is invaluable.

Kathy Gower                     kathygaciis.edu

I apologize for any inconvenience in receiving multiple copies of this request.  Sincere gratitude for those who have already participated.  Bless you, you know who you are!