The Black Madonna in Spain & France

Preston Pittman preston_pittmanaHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 6 06:42:51 PST 2001

There has been some interest expressed in "Black Madonna" sites along the
Camino in France and Spain.  I've collected a lot of information that will
take time to go through.  (I have a huge set of files on sections of the
Camino and references to many web sites).  I haven't yet set down and just
written out a list.  I intend to do so, but I can provide quick access to
two web sites with information (good, but not complete)on "Black Madonna"
sites in Europe (including, of course, Spain and France):

http://www.udayton.edu/mary/resources/blackm/blackm03.html

and a Spanish site listing special shrines to the Blessed Virgin (the Black
Madonna, as well as other manifestations):

http://www.archimadrid.es/salvas/esp/madrid/mogas/mat/maria/parte1.htm

This should provide a good start, however I will work on my list, as well,
and post it later sometime this week...

peace,
Preston